Monday, March 7, 2011

Adventures in Cloth


Hendrix is growing like a weed!


Because of that, we have now made the switch to medium (right) cloth diapers. As you can see in the picture, they are much longer than the smalls (left).  This is important because as the snaps still extend loose enough for his legs, he needs higher coverage up his back.  lol

FuzziBunz says that the smalls should last until 8 months or 18 pounds, and I am actually quite pleased that he made it in those for this long.  While he is only 6 months old, Hendrix is mostly wearing size 12 month clothing right now.

The mediums are supposed to last until 36 months or 30 pounds, so I am hoping that they will indeed be the only other size that we need before potty training.  We shall see!

For anyone that has been following my cloth diapering journey from the very beginning, and through those first months, I would like to affirm that I am still pleased with the decision we made to cloth diaper.  

I love his padded little bottom, and I especially love not spending money on disposables every week!


As I packed up his too-small diapers to save for a future baby #2, I carefully looked them over for stains and just general wear and tear.  Sure, the fleece isn't as soft as it once was, but they are really in amazing shape when I consider that they have been washed every other day for the last 6 months.


You can't really even see much difference between the 'old' ones and the 'new' ones.  


Our cloth diapering adventure has been a great one so far!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)