We don't have to move our stuff into it until next month, so we are taking advantage of the opportunity to paint and replace carpeting without having to work around our furniture. It does mean that we are living in a form of chaos however, as we are constantly trying to decide what we need at the house and going back and forth between it and our apartment.
We have really loved making color choices and getting all covered in paint! :) I never knew that Lowe's was going to be my new favorite place to shop!
This is what we had to work with for the nursery:
It is a fairly small room, but very bright because of the big windows. I think it will be perfect once we take the sailboat trim off and put some new colors on the walls. I will keep you posted with how it turns out!
I can't wait to fill it up with Hendrix's new stuff, including this bargain "lightly used" crib I bought at a garage sale a couple weeks ago.
While we have been busy working on our house, the time has continued to chug along. We are now 20 weeks, which is halfway there! This week baby Hendrix has really started to making his presence known. He moves and kicks all the time, especially early in the morning if I am laying on my back. Guess he is not comfy that way! I loves these kicks because it reassures me that he is a healthy little guy! Sometimes the movements are so strong that I can actually SEE them through my shirt. Here is my bump pic of the week:
This week developmentally:
- Hendrix is producing vernix, a white, creamy substance that protects his skin in his watery environment.
- Permanent teeth are starting to form behind his baby teeth.
- He is able to differentiate between morning, afternoon and evening; and is already starting to form somewhat of a schedule.
- His eyelashes and eyebrows are now visible.
- His taste buds are formed and actually able to absorb some flavors of the foods I am eating from the amniotic fluid.
- His limbs and head are now fully proportional to the rest of his body and he is roughly the size of a cantaloupe (around 10 inches in length).
Overall, it has been a fun and full week so far! We are going to watch my little brother graduate from high school this weekend, so that will be a fun celebration! I'll keep you posted about our projects for next week. ;)