Thursday, September 23, 2010

Impressive Weight Gain

We took Hendrix back to the doctor today to be weighed and he is now 7 lbs. 2 oz.  The doctor was very pleased and impressed as this is a weight gain of 14 ounces in just one week.  She said that she would have been happy with just half that much.  




Because he is doing so well, she gave the go ahead for us to discontinue fortifying his milk, and to transition to solely breastfeeding.  We have already started using the playtex nursers (which are the big boy bottles, in contrast to the fast-flow bottles that he was originally using in the hospital).  My goal is to be breastfeeding primarily during the day by next week when I go back to work; and then to still give him a bottle at some point in the evening or night when Bud can help with the feedings.  I will still have to pump a couple times a day to keep my milk supply up for now.


He is starting to really fill out, and right now you can see it primarily in his cheeks and tummy.  I can't wait until he gets chubbier in the arms and legs too!  :)



Here he is in a cute new outfit that Nana bought for him when we went shopping yesterday.  My mom has been with us since Sunday evening, and she just left tonight.  I am missing her already.  It has been really awesome to have her here to help out and to just spend quality time with!  We ventured all the way to Des Moines to go shopping yesterday, and came home with some special treats for Hendrix.


This was specifically for Daddy (and all my brothers, and in-laws......).

We also got some cute little hats for him to wear in his pictures next week.  He is going to get some newborn "naked baby" pictures, and I wanted to find a way to add to his cuteness ;)  


Hendrix is snuggling with Daddy as we speak - 
this is pretty much his evening routine, and I love to watch them together.  


I love this little pose!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn,
    I am so happy for you guys!! He is ADORABLE and obviously so loved!!
    Hope to see you soon, might not be until Bunko though.
    Take Care
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)