Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to the Schedule

Hendrix is now three weeks old, and I started back to work yesterday.  It has been going really well so far, and I am feeling good about being back into a routine.  For those of you who don't know, my job is as a nanny for two kiddos.  I am bringing Hendrix with me to their house, and they are thrilled to get to hang out with him.  




They made me feel very loved and missed when I got there.




Riley is a good little helper, and she really has an amazing touch with Hendrix.  She manages to keep him really cozy and comfy and doesn't get bored of him at all.  When he started to fuss just a little bit, she quietly started singing him the alphabet song.  It. Was. So. Cute. :)




I can't get over how big Gabe looks to me......I am not sure if he just grew like a weed in the three weeks that I was gone, or if I just got so used to seeing my little peanut that Gabe just looks like a very big toddler. :)  Either way, he is really fascinated with the "baby", and says "baby" like a hundred times a day.  He tells me when he is crying and when he is sleeping, and he likes to go in and check on him while he is laying in the playpen.




He hasn't been interested in holding him yet, but he does like to come peer over my shoulder when I am holding him.  He understands to be really gentle and likes to "pet" his head and legs.  


Now to back up a little bit, Hendrix had his very first playdate on Friday of last week with one of my good friends' little girl, Abigail.  Hendrix is only 12 hours older than Abigail, and I think they are destined to be lifelong pals.  They both pretty much slept through the affair, but it was fun for us to hold each other's babies and share stories about their births.




Then on his three-week birthday we made our first family roadtrip and headed to Grinnell for the day.  We enjoyed time with lots of family members, and Hendrix cheered for the Hawkeyes with daddy.


                         


Meeting Uncle Jake and his girlfriend Katie for the first time, and getting held by Grandpa Karl for the first time.  Hendrix was pretty much held nonstop for the entire day, and I think he was soaking up every minute of it!  I actually was thankful for the 3-hour feedings in which I got to have him back because I was the one who needed to feed him.  I love sharing him, but I didn't realize how much I would miss holding him when I didn't for such a long time.  :)  He has so much family that love him so much.  He is a VERY lucky little guy!

Family Foto Time!

Hendrix went to church for the first time this weekend also.  He looked so cute in his little button up shirt.  

Then at small group he made some more friends.  



All three of them were born within two weeks.  Josie, on the top is the oldest and the only one that wasn't born early.  She is a lil' bit bigger than our smaller kiddos that were born two weeks later and both early; Hendrix and Abigail.


We enjoyed swapping Momma stories, and are looking forward to the new dynamic that will be added to our small group with all these kiddos.  :)

I think that should be all for now.......I did get my maternity pics back over the weekend though, and will post some of my favorites as soon as I get a chance.  I am still trying to decide though since so many of them are amazing!  We have an appointment to get Hendrix's first pics taken this Friday afternoon.  I'm looking forward to some naked baby shots!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you get to take Hendrix to work with you! That's such a perfect job situation! :)

    Can't wait to see the maternity and naked baby shots :)

    P.S. I LOVE his little church outfit! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)