Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Family Time

We are adapting very well to our life as a threesome. :)


It is a little different for me to have my hubby get home from work at lunchtime and beeline it for his little boy before he even says hello to me.  I can honestly say that I am not jealous, because seeing his love for his little boy couldn't mean more to me.  He is a great daddy and I got quite a kick out of him trying to hold him while eating his lunch yesterday because he wanted to spend as much of that one hour with Hendrix as he possibly could. lol



Then he insisted on this new take on a bump picture!


When you put it this way, I don't really know he fit in there!


Hendrix had an eventful day yesterday spending time with some very special family members!




My grandparents, who live in Oskaloosa, came to visit for the afternoon and met Hendrix for the first time.  They were both beaming while holding him!


My father-in-law also came by in the evening, and held Hendrix for the first time.  He had seen and spent time with him while he was in the NICU, but I think he was pretty overwhelmed to finally have him in his arms.  Doesn't he look pleased?


His Nana (my mom) has also been enjoying some special time with him as she has been staying with us for a couple days.  She has been a HUGE help, as my hubs had to go back to work this week, and she is helping me to keep the house running and to take care of my little munchkin in the middle of the night so Bud can actually get some sleep.  The time is going by very quickly, but we are enjoying every minute.

 

I left him with my mom this morning while I went to my dentist appointment.  This was the first time that I had been away from him for very long (I thought I would only be gone for about an hour, but it ended up being two), and I really missed him.  I have been counting my blessings ever since I got home that next week when I go back to work I get to take him with me and don't have to leave him with someone else.  I don't think I could do it.  Not yet anyways. 



1 comment:

  1. Love the newest photos. So exciting and such a huge responsibility all at one time! May God bless your family. - Jennifer McAlexander

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)