Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Thanksgiving Fun

I have been healing up and feeling much better as each day passes.  By Friday I was already done taking the Vicodin and had switched to just tylenol.  I still wasn't holding Hendrix very much, but I felt okay with that since he was getting snuggles from everyone else in my family.  Now I feel confident enough to hold him, but I need to have someone else pick him up and hand him over to me.  I am trying to be very careful and follow the doc's orders.

We celebrated my little brother's birthday on Friday night, and he loved the new briefcase we got for him.  Go ahead and count those candles......he is getting pretty old ;)

We spent lots of time playing games at my parent's house.  There were lots of people home for the holidays since I have 6 younger brothers and sisters, 3 of whom have significant others that will put up with us. :)  Hendrix is getting used to being around lots of noise and activity.  

Saturday night we had our family football game.  I refrained from playing this year, and easily settled into my role as time keeper, score keeper, and referee. 

'The Ballers' beat 'The Victorious Secret' with a score of 5 to 3.

Hendrix slept peacefully throughout the whole game.  I imagine by next year, he will be wanting to toddle around in a jersey of his own. ;)

Today we went to my Grandparent's house for a final Thanksgiving celebration.  This was alot of fun as we have a new member in the family this year (my brother's fiance, Hannah), and also because I was finally able to actually eat all the Thanksgiving foods!  

He enjoyed some special snuggles with his great grandparents, but we had to start stripping him of his clothes, because it was really warm with all the bodies in one room.

When we finally made it home after our long weekend away, we decided to put up our Christmas tree so we can start thinking about the next holiday. 

Hooray!  I LOVE Christmas :)

Hendrix has been so happy to be back in his own home.  He had an exhausting time being passed around so that all his family could love on him, and he seemed to breathe a sigh of relief when he recognized that he was in his own surroundings.  He was so smiley while we changed him for bed, and awfully lumpy in daddy's arms just a few moments later. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. I just love your tree and your cute little family.


i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)