Friday, October 8, 2010

Hendrix's Due Date

Today was Hendrix's Estimated Due Date.  I guess all I can say is that it was a terrible estimation.  :)  He will be 5 weeks old tomorrow.  I find myself wondering about whether if he was born today, instead of 5 weeks ago, if he would weigh more or less now than he actually does?  I guess we will never know!

He did have another "weigh in" at the doctor's office yesterday and Hendrix is now 8 pounds 12 ounces.  Yes, I realize that he is gaining weight very rapidly......he went from the 4th percentile to the 15th percentile in just two weeks.  My little guy is an overachiever!  The best part about that news is that the doctor said we can stop waking him up every three hours to feed him in the middle of the night.  She said she doesn't want him to go for more than a 6 hour stretch, and if he wakes up on his own I should feed him, but we are very excited to think about sleeping uninterrupted for a 6 hour stretch!!!!  (Granted, he might be so used to the frequent feedings that this is a mere fantasy).  Last night was the first night of this new routine, and he did sleep for 4 1/2 hours.  We will see what happens tonight ;)

I finished my second week back to work and that went even more smoothly than the first.  I am started to get better about coordinating the feeding schedule with the various errand running I do with the kids throughout the day.  Gabe is starting to feel more comfortable with Hendrix too, and it is really cute to see him take an interest in him. :)

He has been reading him stories this week, and loves saying "hi baby!"





Last night Hendrix saw his first soccer game.  We went to watch my brother Jake play soccer for Central College and were delighted to see him score the winning goal in a shootout against UNI.




It was a gorgeous night for soccer!  I can't believe how lucky we have been with the weather so far this fall :)  




Jake was very excited to see Hendrix after the game, and he was also very pleased to see what he was wearing. :)



This afternoon we took Hendrix to the Center Grove Apple Orchard and Pumpkin Farm.   



It was a beautiful afternoon, and Hendrix enjoyed sleeping in his Baby Bjorn.  It was the first time that we have used it, and it was great!  :)



While Hendrix caught some z's we enjoyed some caramel apples!  YUM!



What a great start to the weekend!  I love fall!!!  I am really thankful for the men in my life :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)