Tuesday, December 14, 2010

His Smile is Back!

Well we did it.  We survived Hendrix's first encounter with the flu.  Yick. Yick. and Yick.  I am so glad he is better!  I got it first last week and was home from work on Wednesday and Thursday, and then it took him down just as I was feeling better.  I was amazed at how hard he tried to be a happy boy for little spurts in between long phases of grumpiness.  Poor little guy.  Needless to say, I spent most of the weekend just holding him.  It was so hard to tell if he was better, because he would start acting "normal" again and wake up from a nap in a great mood.......then I'd hand him off to Daddy and he'd soon be inconsolable again.  I can't wait until he can tell me what's wrong and how to make it better.  In the meantime, we have discovered that only Mommy can make it better when he is sick.


During one of those spurts in which we thought he was better, we went to this big Christmas event that took place at our church.




There was a petting zoo and Hendrix got to see some sheep up close and personal.



I am not sure what a llama has to do with Christmas, but Hendrix got to see his first one of those too. ;)


Then the kiddos put on a Christmas pageant, and I didn't get any photos of that as I was busy trying to keep Hendrix quiet and entertained, which is more work these days.  He is getting big enough to be vocal during these kinds of events; even when he is happy, he is making noises.  

He is so patient to let me play dress-up with him, and I have enjoyed digging out his size 6-9 month clothing that he received as gifts and have just been waiting for him to grow into.  Check out this little outfit he got from my grandparents:


Doesn't he just look like he could play a role in the movie "Grease" with that little sweater on??!!  I think it is SO CUTE!

And, of course, he has no shortage of Santa and holiday gear!


I am loving the soft and warm fleece outfits as we got our first 'real' snow over the weekend and temps dipped down into the single digits.  I had every intention of taking a picture of Hendrix playing in the first snow, BUT it was just too cold!


I finished our homemade Christmas ornament project over the weekend, so stay tuned for the official unveiling of those....they turned out great!  

Also got our Christmas letter typed up and labels ready to slap on our Christmas cards when they get here.....which should be around Thursday.  Am I the only person that uses the UPS website to track her order every morning to see if it is still scheduled to deliver on time?!?!  LOL  I get really excited about anything either photo related, or holiday related; so that makes Christmas cards a double whammy!  It's a weakness, I know.  

Hope everyone is filled with the joy of the season, and having a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)