Tuesday, July 27, 2010

showered and ready!

We are 29 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and according to my countdown, that leaves us with only 73 days left before hendrix's due date.  
Now I realize that he might not come that day.  
He might not even come that month.
BUT, it is crazy to think that we are only two months away.  :)  We are thrilled to meet him finally, and I know that we will just figure things out as we go, so there is nothing to worry about.  It does seem like we still have lots of things to get settled before he makes his appearance though.  Here's an update about what we have been up to lately:

My hubs and I both celebrated our birthdays last week.  Yes, we celebrated them together because they happened in the same week, and for those of you who are wondering, I am a year older than him.  It's not a big deal. :)  


We also celebrated our three-year anniversary.  I am thankful everyday for the man I married, and am also very thankful for these three special years that we had as a pair before we became a three-some. :)


This is my hubby playing soccer in the Iowa Games over the weekend (he is the one in the white shirt in the middle).  He played with a bunch of other alum from our hometown on a recreational league, and had a blast!  Hendrix enjoyed watching his daddy, and he was cheering him on by kicking his own little legs throughout the game. ;)


I had my first baby shower over the weekend - thrown by some dear friends, Amie Rockow-Nelson, Renee Rockow, and Riley Nelson.  Everything was beautiful and I was thrilled to have some very sweet friends with me to celebrate.  We had a fabulous time, and hendrix got some really cool new stuff!  


We put the new stroller together as soon as we got home, and took it for a lil' spin to see how it works.  I can't wait to push my little man 'round the block!

I guess that is about all that we have been up to, now for a little peek on what hendrix has been up to:

  • He is now in the seventh month and is about the size of a squash; measuring over 15 inches in length and around 3 pounds.
  • His weight should triple in the next 10 weeks, meaning lots of rapid weight gain for the little guy.  This is making him very cramped in his living quarters.
  • His spleen is now fully functioning.
  • His brain wave activity is high enough now that researchers speculate he might even be capable of dreaming. :)
Things are going pretty well for Momma, though I have been having frequent heartburn and acid reflux.  I have heard from some that this is an indication that he will be born with lots of hair.......


My tummy is awfully bumpy, and I am starting to run out of energy again like I did at the beginning of the pregnancy.   Naps are becoming my friend ;)  Other than that, all is well!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)