Friday, April 30, 2010

Baby Taps

Today I am 17 weeks along.
This morning while I was still laying in bed, I started to feel some funny sensations in my stomach.  I couldn't quite place what was going on until I placed my hand on my lower stomach and then felt a series of small, short taps.  I am pretty sure that it was baby baum making his/her presence known!  I called Bud over right away and he was able to feel a little too before the show was over.  It was such an amazing moment and I am really glad that we were both still home to experience it together.  :)
Here's a little more on what baby is up to this week.

  • baby baum's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone
  • baby baum's fingers and toes now feature one-of-a kind prints
  • If baby baum is a girl, her little ovaries are already producing primordial egg cells which within a few weeks will develope into eggs (this is mind blowing to me!)
  • baby baum is approximately 5.1 inches long, and weighs around 5.9 ounces  (roughly the size of a large onion)
As for Mommy, things are going pretty well.  I have noticed a spike in my appetite again (which I didn't think could possibly get much larger) which might be responsible for this growing bump!  I also have noticed that my belly button (which is normally an inny) is starting to transition into an outy.  I'm sure that is going to be real cute poking out from my shirts in the weeks to come!  lol
Here is my bump pic of the week:

I'm looking forward to spending time with family this weekend.  I'm also praying the rain will stop and dry up so I can watch my little brother play soccer tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! That is so exciting!!! I love feeling those little taps!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)