Monday, June 20, 2011

father's day

happy first father's day to my dear hubs!

  


we celebrated with my father-in-law over grilled brats and spent a really gorgeous day outdoors on the back porch.


hendrix was fascinated with all the gift wrap of course, and as usual, was the star of the day.  I don't think he got the memo that it was supposed to be all about fathers.  oops.

he gave his gramps some special loves when he gave him his "grinnell college grandpa" cap.


we celebrated with my daddy next, and he was surprised and thrilled with the special gift that I ordered with pictures of his grandson.


he is an amazing father and I had a really wonderful childhood.  he remains an amazing father as he has now stepped into the role of grandfather; and I am so thankful for the example that he and my mother have set for how to raise a family who cares for and about each other.   

like father, like son!

hendrix actually got a little tired of present opening, as we had a big birthday bash combined with our father's day celebrations. 


we celebrated with both my sister-in-laws-to-be....


(these two love birds are tying the knot in just a month now!  Hendrix is still working on learning to walk before his big debut as ring bearer)


...and we also exchanged birthday presents with my brother...


and mom who had birthdays in June.   The family is growing so much that we are having to combine birthday celebrations because that is the only way we can have us all in one place to celebrate!

It was a fun and full weekend.  So much family.  So much love.


Oh and daddy taught hendrix how to both kick, and throw a {soccer} ball.  it was super cute then, but i am not so sure now that he has thought that everything within reach is a ball today.  thanks daddy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)