Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Guess I am a little behind on posts.  I just got our computer back from best buy and it is fully functioning!  (Hooray!) And Qwest is coming to hook up internet at our new house on Monday morning (also Hooray!), so I will no longer have any excuses for being MIA.


We are now 24 weeks along and this is what that looks like:




Yes, I am kind of grubby in my work clothes (which, by the way, those jeans are not maternity.....they are just sitting under my tummy!), and that is because my wardrobe has mostly consisted of clothes that I don't mind getting paint or mud or texture or grout on lately.  Our house projects have been keeping us busy, and thankfully we are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel!


Here are some semi-finished rooms in the house:



Our kitchen
Fully functioning as everything is unpacked in it already, though my hubby still needs to build a couple extra doors for the ones that were missing up high on the cupboards.


Also in our kitchen


A view of the living room from the dining room.  Both rooms are functioning and unpacked, though they still need some finishing touches like curtains, rugs and pictures on the walls.


Our bedroom, which is painted, but we plan to refinish the floors yet before we move our stuff into it.  For now we are still sleeping at our apartment.


Also our bedroom, but a view of the windows which I painted white!


A little look at some of our front landscaping that I spent many hours working on weeding and mulching with the help of my mother-in-law last weekend.  :)



And last but not least, a look at the improvements that have been made on our bathroom!


The toilet is in, and now we just need to do some plumbing for the sink and the shower and it will be fully functioning.  The newly laid tile is looking fabulous, and now I am trying to figure out what to go with for a shower curtain and towels.

The projects have been lots of fun, and have been keeping my mind off the growing discomfort of carrying around an extra 14 pounds.  Things have been going really well in the pregnancy so far though, and I really can't complain about much of anything.  Hendrix is doing lots of "moving and shaking" as my hubby likes to refer to it!  :)  

This week is his growth:
  • he is about the size of a papaya
  • his skin is starting to look more opaque as he starts to pack on his "baby fat"
  • his lung walls are secreting "surfactant" which is helping to prepare them to be filling with air rather than the amniotic fluid that they are currently breathing
  • and he will continue to gain about 6 ounces per week for the rest of the pregnancy
Well, we are looking forward to spending some special time celebrating our Dads this weekend.  Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)