Tuesday, July 24, 2012

26 weeks


i am now 26 weeks into my pregnancy.  i can't believe that we are so close to saying good-bye to the second trimester (my favorite trimester)!  blaire will be here in our arms before we know it!

i had a drs. appt on friday and got some of the best news so far this pregnancy.  my cervix measurements are holding strong, and i am far enough into the pregnancy that my doctor is ready to back off all the extra caution and proceed from here as if i am no longer high risk for preterm delivery!  

hip hip hooray!

she told me to call her the minute i feel any contractions (there will be no harmless braxton hicks for this mama!), but otherwise i don't go back for another 4 weeks, and we won't be doing an ultrasound at that point.  sure, i will miss getting my routine photos of baby girl, but i feel so much relief about keeping her in there long enough, that i don't think i will mind at all.  ;)

i also passed my glucose test with flying colors (which was great because then i proceeded to eat tons of sweets in the form of cake and ice cream all weekend long for my birthday!)

overall, things are good.

i'm tired.

and hot.

but happy.  really, really, happy!  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad that they've no longer labeled you as high risk. :) Cute bump mama!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)