Friday, September 2, 2011

scalding mommy


Hendrix likes to play in the bathroom.  He always has.  I used to think it was just because he wanted to be wherever we were (and in the mornings we spend alot of time getting ready in the bathroom), but now I think it has more to do with his fascination with water.  The minute he hears the faucet turn on he comes running.  

We have placed a gate at the top of the stairs, so he can move freely from his bedroom to our bedroom to the bathroom, and those rooms are (for the most part) baby-proofed so he can roam while mommy hops in the shower for a couple minutes.  I usually hear him banging around some toys, or babbling about something while I am sudsing up.

Recently he has discovered that he can waltz up the shower curtain and rip it back in some silly version of peek-a-boo.  He also likes to play with his bath toys even when he isn't bathing.  In fact, while I was blow-drying my hair the other day he tried so hard to reach one of the toys that was in the tub that I watched him topple in face first.  Oh my.  At least he is learning to fall gracefully so that he didn't bonk anything, and he happily reached the toy.  success.


Well the newest trick is that he has discovered that he can reach the handle for the faucet, and he has figured out that they are what adjusts the water (meaning that when he turns it the water comes on, not necessarily that it can alter the temperature of the water).  No, that is something that Mommy figured out while she was in the shower and all of a sudden the water gets very, VERY HOT!  Yeap, I just about jumped out of my skin and my yelp was apparently so funny that he thinks he should repeat the entire ordeal.  No more playing in the bathroom while mommy is showering.  Sorry kiddo, you got your chance. ;)


Does anyone know what he did with my hairbrush?  

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable!! And I bet he tried to brush his hair... they learn SOOOO fast!!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)