Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankfulness

Since it is already November, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner, it seems as good a time as any to step back and count the blessings in my life.  I know this should be a part of my daily routine, but sometimes I find myself just getting too busy with life to just stop and really savor each moment.  I want to do that right now though.


I am thankful for....




Hendrix - he has made my life richer in so many ways.  I live for the moments when he shares that sweet little smile with me, and makes me feel like the luckiest Momma in the whole wide world!


I am also thankful for weekends.  I love being able to spend time playing with Hendrix, and snuggling, rocking and snoozing with him when he is tired.  While I am very thankful that he is so good natured and easily amuses himself while I am at work; I really cherish the times when I am able to give him my undivided attention.  


I am thankful for Hendrix's chubby little cheeks!  It is so great to see him growing and thriving after all those days of worrying about him because of his early arrival and long stay in the NICU.  He is a healthy little boy now!


I am thankful for a hubby who adores being a Daddy! I love seeing my boys playing together, and am excited to see that bond grow as Hendrix grows.


I am thankful for an artistic hubby who is willing to help me with my "creative projects".  We spent some time over the weekend working on these Christmas ornaments with Hendrix (who was not really all that thrilled to play in the paint with us.....) that I think are going to be awesome!  I will post a pic of the finished product later.

I am thankful for the change of seasons and weather, even though I am not sure that I am ready for snow yet.

I am really thankful for holidays.  I enjoy themes and decorations and looking forward to events; especially ones that involve fun family traditions.


I am thankful for my hubby who humored me today by helping me put up our Christmas lights even though I know he would have rather waited until after Thanksgiving.


(Doesn't it look great?!?!)

I am thankful for our home, and our wonderful neighborhood.  This is our first Christmas here, and it was way fun to pick out Christmas lights for our house.  I am really looking forward to putting up the tree (but I will wait a few weeks for that!).

I am thankful for both my job and my husband's job.  We both are employed doing things that we love, and God has faithfully provided for our needs.

I am thankful for my family.  I have amazing parents and siblings, and am very thankful for the way they love me and support me; and also for the way they adore my son.  He is a very lucky little guy.

I am thankful for skype!  This has been a huge blessing to communicate with my sister who is in London.  Emma, I love you and can't wait to see you at Christmas!

I think it might be time for me to go be thankful for sleep, and for the way that my body has adjusted to the amount that I get of it these days...... 


and for that I can thank this sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate this blog and am thankful to have been able to hold your son at church for just a few moments before church started. :-) He's adorable and I see why you are so thankful! Jessica Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. His eyelashes are getting so long. His personality just emerges more and more everyday. I'm so thankful for Hendrix and how he has enriched all of our lives!!!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your feedback! thanks for leaving a comment ;)